CUBE

October 9, 2008

ODE TO IDA


ODE TO IDA
36"x28"


Boooo hoooooo hooooo sorry I wasn't able to put up my surprise today. The new printer that I bought is scanning horrible images. I can't post my surprise the way it came out. What a shame! It was going to be so much fun. Now I'll have to go to the store and exchange my printer for a better one.

Wish me the best. All I care is that I find one with a good scanner like my old one......

Now let me look at things on the brighter side. I thought that I would share this painting with you because right now Sharon Hart has a painting of Dorian Gray on her site. Check it out. The artist was Ivan Albright. He is my most favorite Chicago artist who has influenced me I don't know how, but I love his art.

Ode to Ida was my tribute to Ivan Albright. The lady looking into a mirror (see if you can find her) is his wife. Ivan Albright painted a painting of Ida looking at herself in the mirror, and somehow this painting surfaced with me watching over Ida.

It has always boggled me how he managed to paint such incredibly intricate paintings. In my opinion he was one of the greatest artists.

I hope that I have better news for you on Monday. I wish you all a very wonderful weekend. Everyone take care of yourselves. - Bye Veronica

No comments:

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG